Saturday, April 21, 2012

approaching anxieties

As race day approaches - and really, it's not a race as I have no intentions of "winning" anything but the satisfaction of crossing the finish line after running 13.1 miles - I'm finding my anxiety level is skyrocketing.  The details of the day put me over the edge.
 
  • The morning routine
  • getting there 2 hours before the race
  • peeing
  • coordinating family members who want to be there
  • after race activities - my sister-in-law (practically my sister) is running 26.2 - I'm staying to see her finish, will my hubby and kids?  my parents?
  • not to mention dinner the night before
  • a planning meeting with everyone (hubby, kids, parents, in laws, SIL, aunt) to see who is going when, leaving when, meeting where, driving with whom, eating what and when and where before, during (for them) and after the race.
It's a lot for this girl to handle.  When I'm still struggling with "Am I going to be able to do this??"  Dumb ol' me signed up to do this in the heat of the moment, and I've put my time in and my miles in, but it hasn't gone as planned (injured now in fact) and it hasn't been easy (not that I expected it to be THAT easy... but still).

Dumb Ol' Me.

14 days and some odd hours...  wish me luck??!

No comments:

Post a Comment